Monday, March 29, 2010

Youth Conference

So, I went to youth conference this weekend. It was way fun. First we met at the church after school on Friday and drove up to Aspen Grove. That place is nice! They had said it was like a hotel, but they have a habit of exaggerating to make us want to come. I was expecting like girl's camp-type cabins with maybe electricity and a group shower facility or something. But each room had a nice bathroom with hot water for the shower, heating, queen-sized beds, room keys and everything!
After we got there we had a couple hours of free time. I wasn't expecting this, it doesn't usually happen at these type of things. So I had nothing to do. I just sat and talked to my roommates, Annie Fitt and Kristen Wheelhouse. But whatever. Then we ate dinner and went to the game room. That place was awesome. It had two foosball tables, two air hockey tables (even though one was broken), three pool tables, and two ping pong tables. I never got the chance to play pool, but I played air hockey with Annie (she totally dominated, but only because she has one at her house and I don't) and foosball (I won most of the time) and extreme ping pong. You might think I mean like around the world or something, but I don't. Extreme ping pong is when it doesn't matter how many bounces there are, if it is off the table, off the walls, off the face, etc. You can always hit the ball. It is a very intense game. I recommend it to anyone who doesn't like normal ping pong, and even those who do.
After that we heard Brad Wilcox speak to us. It was pretty hilarious. Then we went to a dance. I tried to get my friend Nicole to dance with this guy, but she avoided dancing with anyone. The only person she danced with was her brother, Andy. I danced with a few people, but no one specifically worth mentioning. Let it only be said that I cannot dance. One of the guys I danced with was in ballroom, and I have never taken dance in my life. I kept tripping, stepping on his feet and almost killing myself. I didn't know the guy, but my dancing skills are pretty much a guarantee that I never will.
The next day I went snowshoeing and did a bunch of other things, then we packed up and went home. Later I went to the General Young Women's Broadcast, after which I went home and changed, then came back to the stake center where the boys served us a lovely dessert. After that there was a magician. They always make me feel like I am missing something huge.
The next day we went to Music and the Spoken Word. Pres. Monson was there, and it was pretty awesome. Then we had our own little youth sacrament meeting, where there was more than an hour of youth testimonies (they even went overtime) and it was really cool.
After that I went home and took a long nap.

No comments: