Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend of Insanity

This last weekend was by far the most crazy weekend I have had in a long time. I was planning to catch up on homework on Saturday, but I never expected to have absolutely no free time.
At 8:30, I had to get up for my ward's service project. We went to some old people's house in my ward and did a ton of yard work. Digging up superfluous grass and weeds out of flower-beds, mowing the lawn, etc. Even with all our like 15ish mia maids and 10ish teachers, plus all our leaders, it took most of the morning. After that we went back to one of the leader's house for chips and salsa. Then I went home and took a tiny break.
Then I remembered that I had to write a movie review for Journalism. I checked the paper, and found that the only show I could possibly go to started in about ten minutes. My dad took me to the movie. We barely made it on time. I am just glad there are previews for so long!
Then I had to go get my hair cut, and went straight from the person's house who did my hair to my friends house for her birthday party.
We were on a "cruise ship" and someone had stolen my friend's 2 million dollar necklace. We had all been given fake identities, and I was Gretel something-or-other. I was from Germany, I was 35, single, no kids, I was a mountain guide, and my talent was juggling. No, I cannot actually juggle. But after a long time trying to figure out who had stolen it, we found that it was another guy there, and he had hidden it in a pineapple.
Then we went to a stake dance that was by my friend's house, and it was pretty fun.
And that was pretty much a summary of my Saturday. Crazy, huh?

No comments: